Sharjah Media City (SHAMS) is the state of art media Free Zone in the UAE. It was launched in January, 2017 to provide entrepreneurs with a podium to invest and explore their innovative business ideas. It has proved itself to be the fastest growing Free Zone in the UAE. The emirate of Sharjah is much more than a stopover. Sharjah is one of the most diversified economies in the region. It offers attractive opportunities and positive incentives to encourage business investment in the emirate. It’s not only the home for 1.4m people but busy business hub with tremendous potential.
The advantages of establishing your own company at SHAMS are as follows :
SHAMS has its exclusive benefits which gives it a comparative advantage over other free zones.
- 100% ownership of your business: 100% ownership without the aid of UAE sponsor.
- Full profit repatriation:Free Zones allow expats to repatriate all their profits to their home country. This essentially means that entrepreneurs have also the freedom to transfer 100% of their capital
- 0% Corporate Tax:Sharjah Free Zones do not levy any corporate taxes on the companies registered within the Free Zone.
- 0% Import & Export Tax
- Wide range of business activities:SHAMS License allows a company to operate its business within SHAMS Free Zone for a number of activities such as Import and Export, Marketing Consultancies, Event Managements, E-Commerce, Media Services, Media Services, and more.
- Cost-effective solutions:As SHAMS aims to house entrepreneurial talent; it is offering them affordable packages to start their business.
- Many types of licenses: SHAMS has 4 types of licenses, namely: service license, industrial license, trading license and the holding license. You have an option of adding activities and combine them by paying a small amount along with the license cost.
- Smooth and transparent setup process: When you setup your company in SHAMS, you will not have to go through a laborious registration process. You will get your license within 3 working days.
- Physical Presence: Entrepreneurs can form their company while they are in their homeland through a registered agent.
- Office facilities: Entrepreneurs have a huge advantage of flexi-shared desk and excellent infra structure. You can avail WIFI, shared desk and printing facilities at the free zone campus.
- Flexible visa packages: For the shared desk facility, entrepreneurs can apply for up to 6 visas for their employees. In addition to that, SHAMS’ visas will allow their holders to sponsor family members and dependents.